‘Copy my rhythm’, using instruments
Transfer the copy game from voices to percussion instruments
- Show me how the rhythm of a short burst of melody (like a the sound of a doorbell) can be played on a drum
- Copy the rhythm that I make
- Make a new rhythm for me to copy
- Join the rhythms together in regular turn-taking to make a simple piece of music
- Play the ‘copy game’ with three people or more – sit in a circle and take it in turns, for example
- Don’t forget to make a recording of the piece!